Tuesday, January 11, 2011

This is Me

So, I'm new to this blogging thing. Like, really new. And when my friend Bethany introduced me to the blog-o-sphere so that I could begin publicly recording what I hope to eventually publish in a book, I became slightly overwhelmed. Okay, so REALLY overwhelmed. I mean, there are people who actually, seriously write on these things. Every. Day.

I eventually rose above my overwhelm-edness and got to creating. But then I took a serious turn for the worse when I had to fill out the "This is Me" portion on my side column. Even though I paired it down to "I'm a writer, professional communicator and obsessive organizer who once was harassed by modern-day pirates in the South Pacific," my original version went something like this:

I'm a writer, professional communicator and obsessive organizer who once was harassed by modern-day pirates in the South Pacific. And can't stand still while brushing her teeth. And owns an original piece of art painted by a leper. And firmly believes singer/songwriter Sara Groves was sent to this earth just for her. And has accidentally swum with alligators and sharks. Many times. And believes her tears tell her about the condition of her soul. And loves people but sometimes imperfectly. And collects old books and leather trunks. And has seen God perform a miracle right in front of her. And loves to explore mountains and forests. And new countries. And life under the sea. And people's hearts. And knows that life has made her strong but God has made her tender. And longs to be known and loved in that knowing. Oh, and who will accept peanut butter and chocolate in any form.

Seriously?  How does anyone expect me explain who I am in 10 words? Impossible, I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment